Tuesday, August 3, 2010

FINAL BLOG FOR EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY

I have learned so many things these past five weeks that my head is spinning. I am truly amazed by the amount of information that is floating out there. I am grateful to Rita for providing me with a net to capture some of it.

I have created a glog to help me introduce myself as well as my class content to my students this fall. It was really fun to embed video and music into my introductory presentation.

I also really like slide share. I have found many power points and videos that relate to my course content. Why reivnent the wheel? (Rita's words). I am currently building a new course presentation incorporating some of the things that I have found on slide share.

I am also going to implement a blog site where I can have my students comment on lecture sections, or possibly give feedback on a reading or website assignment.
I liked the way Carlos used his blogsite incorporating pictures, websites, and videos for his class to use.

After taking this class I feel confident enough to implemenet some much needed technology into my classes----THANK YOU RITA!!!

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I'm so glad that you have gained more confidence in your ability to incorporate technology into your classes. I loved your glog, and I know your students will feel the same. The more you play with the technology, the more fun you'll have and the less intimidated you'll feel about trying the many new applications that are out there. Congratulations on your new successes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,
    I agree with your comment that we have learned so many new things. My head is spinning too! I have been checking out slideshare as well and will continue to do so. I am amazed at the number of powerpoints already created. What a great resource and as Rita says "Why reinvent the wheel" is so true!!

    ReplyDelete