Saturday, July 24, 2010

MY problems with TWITTER

Well I set up my twitter account on Thursday July 22nd. I posted my first tweet on that same day. I also said I was interested in hooking up with other educators that teach in health occupations. Today is Saturday July 24th and I have not received any response to my tweet from Thursday.
When I looked for people in health occupations I was hooked up with groups that deal in tatoo design. I am not sure how that happened, since we are essentially in very different fields.
I am sure that if I would connect with the group of people I am looking for, it would be a very worthwhile experience for me to learn from them. If I play around more and search different options I hope to contact educators familiar with my subject area. I truly believe that we could learn alot from each other.
Thanks to Rita for opening this door of opportunity. Now it is just a matter of sorting out all the options and conecting with the right group of tweeters.
I will keep trying until I get it right, it is truly a humbling experience.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Mary,
    Go to this link to access Twibes, and see if any groups there sound interesting to you. Let me know what you find, or what you don't!

    http://www.twibes.com/search?q=medical&search=Search

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary - Just an observation...maybe you know this already...but if you used "hooking up" in your tweet, this phrase (so I've been told) in the email/cellphone language of today has a certain connotation I won't mention here...but perhaps the class can talk about it on Tuesday...Carlos...

    ReplyDelete