Monday, July 5, 2010

Confusion concerning teaching technology


I am excited to learn how to incorporate technology that will enhance my lecture classes.
I have been searching some of the sites listed under Free Technology for Teachers and am having some trouble understanding exactly how to access the information that I am looking for.
For example, I looked at Snag Films, where you can access 1350 films. I was looking for films that would integrate the phlebotomy procedure as well as explain the tube types used for phlebotomy into a documentary film. I could not find one film that matched my search criteria.
I also searched Ehow.com to look for ways to explain the phlebotomy procedure to beginning students, again I came up empty.
Lastly, I looked into Video Creation Resources to learn of ways to create a video related to the phlebotomy procedure, once again no luck!!
I know that to strike out three times is a bad reflection on my technological abilities!!!
I feel that I am searching too broad an area.
Anyone out there that has used these sites???? Any assistance you can offer to me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks is advance for your help.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, did you search YouTube? Or, try this:
    http://www.medicalvideos.us/play.php?vid=1287 or
    http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-draw-blood-with-three-different-phlebotomy-techniques-364167/

    I did a Google search using phlebotomy procedure+video

    In our next class, we'll look at another site that might be helpful to you and your students, SlideShare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    I'm glad you asked about this search. I'm sure I will be able to find out how to find Medical Terminology topics to spice up my meager powerpoint lecture.

    ReplyDelete